Background

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Honoring Dad

Dad and me
Here we are at Father's day, the day to honor the daddy's in our lives. Well, here is mine! I share him with 4 siblings, my mom and 16 grandchildren.
He taught me how to ride a bike, fly a kite and how potato chips are made. He made sure that the girls, as well as the boys, knew how to do basic car repairs, mow a lawn (the right way) and how to clean the fish that you caught (eww). He has worked hard all of his life.
When I first moved back to Cedar City with my own little family, I talked him into singing in the "Messiah" with me. I couldn't bear to go through Christmas without participating.  He is now a member of the Master Singers, an all male choir in our town. 
 I've rarely seen him cry, but I know his feelings run deep. 

Dad has started to slow down and it's hard for us to watch. I love the time we spend together singing,laying tile and just having a good time with the family. He and mom will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary this year!!
Happy Father's day Dad!


party on peeps!
Connie

1 comment: